CURRENT ENTRIES:

Sunday, March 29, 2015

"Crashing"

Good day, Cubao!

Slept 12 hours last night. Quite scandalous, I know.


Events of the Day:

I must have been mentally exhausted--the whole day yesterday I was alternating between knitting and writing a screenplay. One of the highlights of the day, of course, was picking up my finished oil portrait from Rafael's house. I also met an interesting person who, I know, I may never see again.


The Dreams:

The most striking dream I have is being on an airplane that is crashing.

There were two versions.

In the first dream I am in an airplane and it crashes. I see and feel all of it, and it is an incomparable experience. I am even aware of everything that I am thinking of before, during, and after the crash. After the crash, strangely, I stand up and walk about, with the rest of the passengers. It is as though nothing terrible has happened.

In the second dream the airplane is scheduled to crash and all of us know it, but passengers, in batches, are allowed to leap off onto platforms in different countries. I am in the penultimate batch. Presumably those who remain crash along with the plane afterward.


Comments:

My first interpretation is that this was an astral journey in space and in time. Spirits are no longer on-site and are visiting their homes.

My second interpretation, which is based on never take dreams literally but metaphorically, is that I am in too much of a hurry to accomplish too many things. An airplane crashing is symbolic of a body crashing.

I think I shall try to do nothing for a change.

No comments: