CURRENT ENTRIES:

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Caught The Conjuring on HBO last night. A spectacular horror movie.

My only criticisms are:

1. I have never met a witch who looks like that, and I am sure that no witches ever looked like that since the beginning of time, and never will. The use of ugliness as a basis for horror is the very reason why people are uncharitable and a lot of people are miserable.

2. Spirits do not creep up on you with bits and pieces gradually leading to a full story. Do you ever do that when introducing yourself to others? Spirits do not value suspense--only screen writers and directors do. They go straight to the point.

3. I don't think the spirits were "conjured." They were already there long before the protagonists arrived.

4. Why was everyone still sleeping in their own beds? Do culture, propriety, and political correctness ever overpower fear of the unknown?

At most, the movie motivated me to further prettify my house for my granddaughters and for normal visitors.

No comments: