CURRENT ENTRIES:

Thursday, April 16, 2015

"East Indian Currency"

Significant Events of the Day:

Knitted most of the day. Lent Aubrey a book on knitting, a pair of needles, and some yarn.

Prepared a syllabus for a workshop on developing psychic abilities.


The Dream:

Daytime in the Farmers Market area. I am with J. We seem to have been shopping for art supplies, and I am about to suggest that we go back home but he eagerly says,"Cupcake! Cupcake!" In this dream we have been buying and snacking on cupcakes from time to time.

We go to a mobile store a few steps away. I take out a P100 bill, meaning to cover cupcakes for both of us, but it seems that J. has also taken out a P100 bill to pay for his cupcake. The store owner, a stocky East Indian man, gives J. his change in Philippine coins and mine in paper currency. He has an oily manner and I have the feeling that he wants me to think that he deliberately gave me more than what I paid; I see a couple of hundreds in the wad he gives me. I check out the currency. At first I see that one bill is in east Indian currency, and then find out that all the bills are. I confront the man and demand that I get paid in Philippine currency. I am unable to spend Indian currency in the Philippines and have no plans of traveling to India. I ask J. if he actually paid the man anything, and he says that he also gave him a P100 bill. I tell him that my P100 bill was supposed to cover both of us, and he seems abashed.

The mobile store transformsinto a tram, and I get on it. The man, who is driving, makes several stops for passengers. I get impatient. I am afraid that I am getting too far away from J. and that he will worry as to where I'd gone.

We stop at a gas station on P. Tuazon. I confront the man again and tell him that I must get my money back and proceed with my business. I give him a subtle dressing-down. He is now apologetic, and crosses over to the front of a motel, where he first tries to swipe some money at the cashier and later on converses with another man who is his brother. This other man gives him money, which the East Indian man then gives to me. The bills are in Philippine currency, but they seem smaller in size, and I wonder whether they are counterfeit.

I get off the tram and walk back toward the commercial center. I am about two kilometers away from where I left J. I take my mobile from my pocket and attempt to call or text J. but something is wrong with my mobile. The screen is all blurry and I conclude that something in my pocket pressed against a button to make it behave that way. I can only hope that J. will wait for me.

Notes:

I had no intention of recording this dream but, hours later, it continues to play out in my mind.

I have several interpretations of this dream:

1. It is about separation anxiety. However, I am not certain who J. represents in this dream.

2. It is about the absence of clear communication--the wrong change, J. paying for himself, my conversations with the East Indian man, my erratic mobile.

3. It is an actual astral visitation by J., whom I have not seen in a while. My personal concerns (going off on the tram, for example), however, prevent me from focusing on J., who was my student for some time, and possibly on other similar relationships.

No comments: