CURRENT ENTRIES:

Friday, May 8, 2015

"Washing Machine" (Night of Friday, May 8, 2015)

Events of the Day:

Perhaps events of the previous days, since I've been using the washing machine lately?

T. and P. visited in the morning and gave me interesting things.

My sister Alice and I enrolled Aubrey in Grade XI.

Visited Artery Art Space with T. and P.

Been knitting and reading a book.


The Dream:

I am planning to dump my pillow and pillowcase in the washing machine, let it spin-dry, and hang it to dry completely somewhere.

In the laundry room, Angelique tells me that the washing machine is out of order and that we should buy a new one and throw the old one away. I am a little annoyed. I want to wash my pillow/pillowcase now.

Next, I see a plastic grocery bag on the floor. Washing machine tubes are attached to the bag. It is filled with detergent and water. I know that I am supposed to dip my pillow/pillowcase in the solution, but I wonder if the thing will actually work.


My Interpretation:

Though my life has been relatively quiet, this dream tells me of a change in objectives, dreams, and plans (pillow/pillowcase) that i have been mulling over. It seems, however, either that I am not ready to make these reality (the washing machine is out of order) or my loved ones may not be ready, or are unwilling, to see these changes.

My psyche creates a temporary, albeit flimsy, washing machine out of a plastic grocery bag in order to make this a wish-fulfillment dream.

Alternatively, this dream could also signify a need to cleanse one's head, one's mind, one's thoughts. I have always wanted to live a creative life, but even creativity, I know, can be overdone, especially when I spend hours painting, writing, knitting, and whatnot. The perfect cleanser is a mundane, practical item, a washing machine, for there is nothing like doing everyday chores to counterbalance other matters. (Yes, come to think of it, I need to vacuum-clean the entire ground floor.)

No comments: