CURRENT ENTRIES:

Thursday, March 26, 2015

"The Children's Play" (Night of Thursday, March 27, 2015)

Significant Events During The Day:

I was knitting the whole day and doing nothing else in general, only too glad to be alone once again, to be able to go to bed as late as I want and wake up the following day as late as I want, without having to prepare to be with a group of participants or apprentices.

Asked Angelique which one of two antique, Kwan Yin statuettes she wants in her bedroom: a blue-enameled, shipwreck find or a porcelain, multi-color imari. She chose the latter.

Considered going to the Cubao commercial center to buy myself an electric grinder for sculpture, then decided that I should that later this week.


The Dream:

I am complacent, hanging out with a group of friends and distributing posters of a children's play I have written and will direct for production in December. When I get home, I check my desk calendar inside my room, which looks like a hotel room. I realize that, while I've decided how to block the movement of the play, I've been doing so without consideration of sets and props. I suddenly realize that I've not approached any sponsors for these--and the children's theater is huge. Perhaps a plain, white backdrop that could be lighted from behind will do, but even that will cost a lot.

The play is Ignatius of Loyola, which I'd actually written for a children's theater more than a decade ago. I look through my directory and try to call M., a stage director, to ask him whether he'd like to take on the play instead. I do know that, by this time, he is already in mid-rehearsals for his own play, since his productions are always premiered in February. I keep on dialing his number although my fingers keep on punching a wrong number, always the last number.

Next I am in the Cubao commercial center, which is as it looked like in the 60s. I am with my group of friends, among them my potential cast members. I am taking photographs for an album.

[Something transpires after this, which I cannot recall.]

And then I am at home again, which doesn't quite look like our home. I am leafing through my album. The photos are incomplete. I have missed including one, important photo.


My interpretation:

The overall gist of this dream is my being unprepared while thinking that I am prepared. It is, to me, a message from my psyche that I have been overconfident without considering what I can realistically do within a set period of time and without considering other people (my friends and my cast members) and their feelings.

I think, my psyche is telling me that being retired, having achieved being where I want to be, and desiring solitude should not encourage me to perceive myself out of the context of my home, my circle of associates, and my community.

M. is my alter-ego in this dream. Like my Self, he has become inaccessible and unavailable.


No comments: