CURRENT ENTRIES:

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Retirement is exactly as I thought it would be: gently waking up in bed after a good night's sleep, exercising in my room, enjoying a long breakfast, enjoying a long lunch, enjoying a long supper. Whenever I turn on the TV or log on to the computer I see plenty of evidence that the youth and the middle-aged are engaged in battles in the world outside. It's their turn to fight--I've had my day, and am all the wiser for it.

I light scented candles whenever I write with my favorite pens. I rearrange my things at leisure--giving or throwing stuff away, for The Hermit refuses to leave mysterious items in his wake after he dies.

One thing was totally unexpected, though: I enjoy being well-dressed at home, rotating my clothes and my jewelry.

Retirement, I guess, is no excuse to look like a slob.

No comments: