CURRENT ENTRIES:

Thursday, December 25, 2014

The sun has set once more, and darkness overcomes Cubao. Tomorrow is the day after Christmas Day, and people will soon be preparing for New Year's Eve. The safest parts of the house are Aubrey's bedroom (below the roof deck) and my captain's cabin bedroom (below Aubrey's bedroom); both have concrete roofing. Need I remind the family that the police precinct and Camp Panopio Compound are just across the street and that the folks out there might get trigger-happy come midnight?

The best part of this holiday is that I am no longer rehearsing for retirement; I am already, actually retired. I no longer panic whenever I need to go to bed because I have to rise at 4:00 AM the next day.

As far as I am concerned, as of December 19, the sun commenced setting and the sun commenced rising for me and me alone.

No comments: