CURRENT ENTRIES:

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Too Late, My Brothers

I have four Haring Bakal cloth vests. The instructions are to wear them whenever necessary, particularly during meetings, but to NEVER wash them. Amazingly, none of these vests ever get dirty or stained, and none of them stink.

The vests are inscribed all over with talismanic drawings and oraciones in WATER-BASED ink, which is the main reason it is not advisable to have them washed.

During the last typhoon that devastated Cebu, however, our master said that all of the templates for the vests were destroyed in the flood and that it would take some time before they could be properly reconstructed.

That made me think. I for one don't want my vests ever to be in danger of being damaged or having even portions of their inscriptions effaced.

The solution I came upon is to satin-stitch the inscriptions with DMC thread and, for one shirt, outline them with tiny, black, glass beads.

Ever seen an embroidered and a fully-beaded Haring Bakal vest? Come and see me.

Eat your hearts out, my brothers! Bwahahahahahaha!

No comments: