CURRENT ENTRIES:

Friday, February 27, 2015

Your Hangout message:

"Hi Sir Tony, may I just ask your opinion. I'm planning to apply for an Admin Assistant in the Medical Unit of the US Embassy. I think 16 years in the government service is enough, Based on the announcement, i think 1k increased lang ang difference from my current job, my questions is what else is the other benefits the embassy will offer, once you are hired. At this point, I really need a change of environment. Thank you Sir.  P. S - Im also open for your opinion if it a good decisison to transfer to another organization."


My reply:

Hi ________!

Frankly, I would never advise any of my relatives and good friends to work for the Embassy. There are absolutely no benefits except for the reimbursement of medical expenses.

Many people apply for work there mainly to avail of the 15-year-service special emigration application--and not everyone is accepted to that.

I understand why you are dissatisfied working for the Philippine government. However, moving from Philippine government service to American government service will change nothing. In the end, you will only have performed a disservice to your higher self.

No comments: