CURRENT ENTRIES:

Sunday, February 15, 2015

"The Tutorial" (Night of Wednesday, February 11, 2015)

Significant Events of The Day:

I recall nothing except that the apprentices and I were painting inside the studio the whole day.


The Dream:

I am doing home tutorial in history for a boy. His mother is the classroom teacher. I have the necessary textbooks. When I go to the boy's house, though, I discover that he doesn't have any of them. It seems that the mother hid them away somewhere.

Exam time nears and, for some reason, I myself must take it. I go to my bedroom in the old main house and paint or do other things. I must review my voluminous notes on history though. Then Sylvia or Angelique comes into the room and tells me that the boy is calling on the phone. It is time to help the boy review for the exam.

I do not like the situation I am in.

My Notes:

At first I thought this dream was about the direct relationship between painting and magic. Afterward it occurred to me that my psyche sent me this dream to remind me that, when I am on Grande Island, my back is turned to everyone else who is at home, including my students in magic. As a matter of fact, when I am painting or doing other things at home, my back is still turned to them.

I must also take "the exam" because, even at my age, there are many things I still need to learn and know.

There should never be a toss-up between the people I love and the things I love to do.

No comments: