CURRENT ENTRIES:

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Return to Grande Island (January 10, 2015)

Arrived Harbor Point 11:30 AM to pick up some last-minute supplies.

1:30 PM, Late lunch on Grande Island.

3:00 PM, I was shown three possible locations to use as a studio: the Eagle Function Room (too many pillars are in the way), the Swan Function Room (the best, but it is being used as storage space for furniture), and an unused chalet (I have to divide up the four panels into two in this one). I chose the unused chalet because no one else goes there and it can be locked--I can leave my art materials until I come back again.

It is 4:00 PM and I'm done taking reference photos of four models. They are staff members.

The canvases will be trucked to the pier tonight and ferried to the island early tomorrow morning. Edgar and Boy will install them on the chalet walls.

The canvases measure 6 ft x 6.24 each, or a total of 24 ft x 6.24 ft when placed side by side, not 64 ft wide as I earlier thought. However, it is still the biggest painting I'll ever have made.

No comments: